Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Work...

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."--Drew Carey

I don't hate my job, but parts of it are irritating. I work, generally, at OHSU, but I am not a clinician (obviously) and I am reminded nearly daily that I'm not a researcher, either. Well, not an evidence-based researcher, anyway. I have an MPH degree, but at best I am a policy analyst.

But what's good about my job? I get to watch the smartest medical educators in the country create unbiased curriculum to teach doctors how to prescribe medications WITHOUT influence from the pharmaceutical companies. It's so cool to watch these smart people take on the challenge, and overcome obstacles (and there's a lot of them), with such grace.

What do I do? Make sure they're paid on time. Encourage them to keep going. Keep them up-to-date with the latest information from the pharmaceutical world, the FDA, and any other group working on the same stuff. Like the Canadians or Europeans or WHO who are very interested in what this program is doing.

No comments:

Tree Planting - November 14, 2009 - Omaha Street Parkway