Friday, August 10, 2007

Medicare for David!

David will be 65 years old this year.... !!!


He is being bombarded with Medicare supplemental plans, and parenthetically so am I as they figure we must be the same age. Which, when David pointed that out, made me feel really old.


Last night I was harvesting produce from our garden and preparing a delicious dinner, but David didn't come home. It was 8:00 and still NO DAVID. So I called him on his cell phone, but he didn't pick up. Then our home phone rang and there he was. He said, "Liz, don't panic, I'm at Portland Adventist Hospital," and immediately I panicked.


"Everything's fine!" he insisted. He explained that he had been at a meeting of some insurance company to explain Medicare to new enrollees. He had mentioned he was going to do this once and I poo-pooed it, telling him that he would just be subject to a bunch of marketing. So, he was reluctant to mention it to me again.


He came home with this information: because he is still employed (and hopes to remain that way a little longer, thank you very much!) he will accept Part A of Medicare (Doctor) but respectfully decline Parts B & D (Hospital and Prescription Meds) because he has his employer-sponsored insurance. He didn't buy anything from the sales people last night, but I expect he will at some point. These marketing guys, as I know from work, are really good at what they do.


Anyway, this is boring, I'm sure. At least Lucy thought so. She slept through the entire episode.


No comments:

Tree Planting - November 14, 2009 - Omaha Street Parkway