Sunday, July 29, 2007

Making Bookcases....

I've been busy making bookcases. I've got all the tools. I've got the Battery-powered DeWalt drill Dad got me for a birthday or Christmas sometime (I love that thing); I've got the Delta chop saw David got me for my last birthday, on a Delta table no less; I've got my circular saw that I'm ripping boards with; I've got the pneumatic nailer I bought at Jerry's last weekend. I've got eye, ear and hand protection. I've got it all.
Except for one thing: I'm not much of a carpenter. I mean, I try. And eventually I'll finish this project, but it takes me forever to get stuff square and level. So, for now, as I go along, I'll try to remember to get David to take pictures of me sweating, chopping, drilling and nailing stuff together. And hopefully we like the results and I can finally unpack books and display them in my music/office/library room in our tiny house. But for now, things are a mess around here.

No comments:

Tree Planting - November 14, 2009 - Omaha Street Parkway