Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sears Gas Stove, continued

We've never gotten along very well with our Sears Gas Stove. In a blog post two years ago, I detailed out how I melted the back electronic panel while cooking. Sears blamed me for the mishap and they sent a guy out to fix it (which we paid for) and the panel never did light up right from that point on.

Then the door handle kept coming off. We'd screw the assembly together, over and over, trying to make sure it was tight. Finally this week we gave up on this stove as the entire door blew off for some unknown reason, sending shards of safety glass everywhere.

Never buy an appliance from Sears. That's my message here. They're rotten and we gave up on their silly customer service, no more like customer blaming department.

Now, I've got to go drive my Toyota to the store....

2 comments:

SearsCare said...

To cafeliz,
My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. If we can be of assistance, please contact us to see how we can help with this situation. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, please provide the screen name (cafeliz) used to post here for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
Brian J.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares

Anonymous said...

You're three years too late!

Tree Planting - November 14, 2009 - Omaha Street Parkway