Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kitchen Spruce-Up

I've been wanting to spruce up the kitchen in the Omaha Street house for over 10 years now....and finally I have a week to do it. Unfortunately, my back isn't cooperating with my will, and I have to do everything very slowly and rest lots inbetween. But here's where we start today - and I'm just cleaning lots:
























I am taking off the doors and sanding before refinishing them with a new paint color. The same color will go on the woodwork. I am going to leave the plaster walls and ceiling white, I think, just freshen the paint, but honestly I haven't decided yet.

I decided to have a professional do the floor - had a guy measure for an estimate yesterday for marmoleum, which looks like a nice old-fashioned product. My back just won't support me doing any floor work right now.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Sorry to hear about your back ache...they are no fun! Especially when you have a wonderful project in mind. Good luck with your mini reno.

Tree Planting - November 14, 2009 - Omaha Street Parkway