Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sears and the New Gas Stove

In addition to the exterior changes we're making, we've updated some interior stuff. Like I re-did the cabana for guests (see the cabana posts from July for pictures.)

David, back in May, bought a new gas stove for our kitchen from Sears. So the evening after my rotten experience with the exterior door I told David I would cook dinner. I was frying up the Chinese tofu dish that Susan Duncan taught me to make. I had my back turned to the stove as I was chopping vegetables for stir-fry. Suddenly I hear a beeping alarm coming from the stove. I turned around to see that the plastic keypad on the stove had melted (!) and a flashing F11 sign was telling me to do something.

I turned everything off, but the alarm wouldn't quit sounding. I had to call David to help me get the stove entirely unplugged to make it stop beeping.

When I called Sears they blamed me for this problem; but the "diagnostician" will be here on Monday am to see how much it will cost to fix. In the meantime, David and I are using the Cabana stove top for making coffee and food; but we have no oven. And that's a shame, since today is David's 65th birthday and I wanted to make him a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

No comments:

Tree Planting - November 14, 2009 - Omaha Street Parkway